MEGApix IVA+ Analytics - Creating Tailgating Rule
MEGApix® IVA/IVA+™ Analytics – Creating Tailgating Rule
Affected Roles: Administrator, Owner
Related Digital Watchdog VMS Apps: DW Spectrum® IPVMS
Last Edit: February 26, 2021
The MEGApix® IVA/IVA+™ camera’s Tailgating rule can be configured to trigger an event rule when an object crosses a detection line immediately following another object or person within a set time threshold.
This article will outline how to create a Tailgating rule using the camera’s IVA analytic options.
- MEGApix® IVA/IVA+™ Camera Series
Creating a Tailgating Rule
MEGApix IVA Training Video - Creating Tailgating Rule from Digital Watchdog on Vimeo.
To create a Tailgating rule:
- From the camera’s Web Client, click the Setup button to enter the Configuration menu.
- Select IVA from the menu, then select the Rules menu.
From the Rules menu, click the Add button and select Tailgating.
- A detection line will overlay the camera’s video in the preview window.
Position the line so that it masks the area of interest. Click-and-drag the colored nodes to adjust the line’s size and orientation.
To create a more complex shape, click one of the gray nodes to add a new segment to the detection line.
To delete a segment, click the minus sign next to any of the nodes.
- You many configure the following:
- Name – enter a label for the rule
- Threshold – define the maximum amount of time between the first object and second object crossing the detection line to trigger the rule
- Object Filter – set this option to ON to allow the rule to only trigger based on the classification of an object (e.g. person, vehicle, etc.)
- Classes – to use this options, the Object Filter option must be set to ON. Select which object classification types will trigger the event alarm upon crossing the detection line. The selection options can be changed in the IVA > Classification menu
- Event Notification (TCP Event) – enable for TCP notifications when event is triggered
- Event Notification (HTTP Event) – enable for HTTP notifications when event is triggered
- Action Rule – you may select an Action Rule to activate when the event is triggered
- Convert IVA to MD – enable to allow camera to pass IVA event through the camera’s event engine using the camera’s ONVIF stream
- After configuring the detection line, Rule Properties, and Event Actions, click the Save button to apply the settings and create the Abandoned rule.