MEGApix IVA+ Analytics - Creating Abandoned Rule
MEGApix® IVA/IVA+™ Analytics – Creating Abandoned Rule
Affected Roles: Administrator, Owner
Related Digital Watchdog VMS Apps: DW Spectrum® IPVMS
Last Edit: February 25, 2021
The MEGApix® IVA/IVA+™ camera’s Abandoned rule can be configured to trigger an event rule when an object is that was brought into the detection zone is left behind within the area.
This article will outline how to create an Abandoned rule using the camera’s IVA analytic options.
- MEGApix® IVA/IVA+™ Camera Series
Creating an Abandoned Rule
MEGApix IVA Training Video - Creating Abandoned Rule from Digital Watchdog on Vimeo.
To create an Abandoned rule:
- From the camera’s Web Client, click the Setup button to enter the Configuration menu.
- Select IVA from the menu, then select the Rules menu.
From the Rules menu, click the Add button and select Abandoned.
- A detection zone will overlay the camera’s video in the preview window.
Position the zone so that it masks the area of interest. Click-and-drag the colored nodes (corners) to adjust the zone’s size and shape.
To create a more complex shape, click one of the gray nodes to add a new segment to the detection zone.
To delete a segment, click the minus sign next to any of the nodes.
- You may configure the following:
- Name – enter a label for the rule
- Event Notification (TCP Event) – enable for TCP notifications when event is triggered
- Event Notification (HTTP Event) – enable for HTTP notifications when event is triggered
- Triggered By – select to have the event action be triggered by a Rule
- Action Rule – you may select an Action Rule to activate when the event is triggered
- Convert IVA to MD – enable to allow camera to pass IVA event through the camera’s event engine using the camera’s ONVIF stream
**NOTE: Object Filter is unavailable for this rule type.
- After configuring the detection zone, Rule Properties, and Event Actions, click the Save button to apply the settings and create the Abandoned rule.