01/17/2022 - Release Notes - VMAX IP Plus NVR Firmware Update v220.127.116.11
To: DW® Customers
Date: January 17, 2022
Re: VMAX® IP Plus™ Firmware Update v18.104.22.168
VMAX® IP Plus™ NVR Firmware Update v22.214.171.124
Affected Model Numbers: 2nd and 3rd generation VMAX IP Plus NVRs (DW-VP9xT4P, DW-VP12xT8P, DW-VP16xT16P)
New Firmware Version: v126.96.36.199
Current Firmware Version: v188.8.131.52
Release Date: 01/03/2022
How to Determine NVR Generation
- VMAX IP Plus 2nd Generation NVRs have firmware files beginning with “hn-65xx”, “hn-66xx”
- VMAX IP Plus 3rd Generation have firmware files beginning with “DW-VPxx”
New Firmware Notes:
- New PathFinder P2P protocol applied
Special Instructions & Comments
- IMPORTANT! – when the firmware upgrade has been completed, the system’s PathFinder ID format will change. The recorder must be re-registered with its new PathFinder ID on the DW Mobile Plus application.
- IMPORTANT! – the old VMAX Plus application will not support the new PathFinder P2P protocol. If you are using the VMAX Plus app, download and install the DW Mobile Plus app and add your device.
- To download the DW Mobile Plus (Android) app: Click Here
- To download the DW Mobile Plus iOS app: Click Here
For More Information or Technical Support
DW Technical Support:
866.446.3595 [email protected] www.digital-watchdog.com
Rev: 01/22 Copyright © DW. All rights reserved. Specifications and pricing subject to change without notice.