DW Spectrum Analytics Storage Database Error
DW Spectrum® Analytics Storage Database Error
Affected Roles: Administrator, Owner
Related Digital Watchdog VMS Apps: DW Spectrum® IPVMS
Software Version: DW Spectrum IPVMS v4.1 and newer
Last Edit: September 14, 2021
Analytics Storage Database Error
While trying to store analytic data to a DW Spectrum® Server (most commonly with Ubuntu/Linux OS), the server may encounter issues with inadequate access permissions. This is typically due to missing permissions such as:
- Read/Write – the capability to read and write the contents of a file to connected storage devices
- Execute – the capability to execute a file or view the contents of a directory
As so, permissions to store analytic data to the system database can be forced by enabling a setting in the DW Spectrum® Server’s Advanced Web Admin webpage.
This article will outline how to connect with the Advanced Web Admin menu and enable forced analytic storage for a DW Spectrum® Server.
- DW Blackjack® Bolt™
- DW Blackjack® Cube™
- DW Blackjack® P-Rack™
- DW Blackjack® E-Rack™
- DW Blackjack® Mid-Tower™
- DW Blackjack® Tower™
Enabling Forced Analytic Storage
To resolve analytic storage issues, use of the server’s Advanced Web Admin menu will be necessary. Follow the instructions below to access the advanced web client and configure the server settings:
- Open a web browser (we recommend Chrome) and use the URL template below to connect with the Advanced Web Admin menu.
- Server IP – use the IP address of the DW Spectrum Server; if you are performing this on the server itself, you may use “127.0.0.1”
- Server Port – use the port number of the DW Spectrum Server; the default port number is “7001”
Example URL: http://127.0.0.1:7001/static/index.html#/advanced
- Once you have connected with the Advanced Web Admin webpage, enter the Owner/Administrator login for the DW Spectrum® System.
- Default User: admin [or] dwuser
- Default Password: admin1234 [or] Dw5pectrum
- After logging in to the Advanced webpage, under the Advanced System Settings section, locate and enable the “forceAnalyticsDbStoragePermissions” setting.
- After enabling the forceAnalyticsDbStoragePermissions setting, scroll to the bottom of the webpage and click the “Save” button.