07/23/2021 - Release Notes - DW Spot Monitoring Module Firmware Update v220.127.116.11
DW Technical Bulletin
To: DW® Customers
Date: July 23, 2021
Re: DW® Spot™ Monitoring Module Firmware Update v18.104.22.168
DW® Spot™ Monitoring Module Firmware Update v22.214.171.124
Affected Model Numbers: 1st and 2nd generation Spot™ monitoring modules
New Firmware Version: v126.96.36.199
Replacing Firmware Version: v188.8.131.52
How to Identify Spot™ Monitoring Module Generation:
- 1st generation Spot™ monitoring modules have firmware files starting with “hs-10xx”
- 2nd generation Spot™ monitoring modules have firmware files starting with “fs-10xxC”
New Firmware Notes:
- The system password policy has been updated to improve cyber security.
- The Admin password must be created when first logging in to a new (or defaulted) system
- The Admin password must meet the following requirements:
- At least 8 alpha-numeric characters
- At least 4 combinations of uppercase letters, lowercase letters, numbers (123), and special characters (!?$)
- Fixes a bug that occurs when the module is in Sequence mode. The new firmware removes a blank/black screen while in Sequence mode.
Click Here for a PDF copy of this bulletin
For More Information or Technical Support
DW Technical Support:
866.446.3595 email@example.com www.digital-watchdog.com
Rev: 07/21 Copyright © DW. All rights reserved. Specifications and pricing subject to change without notice.