MEGApix IVA+ Analytics - Creating Logical Rule
MEGApix® IVA/IVA+™ Analytics – Creating Logical Rule
Affected Roles: Administrator, Owner
Related Digital Watchdog VMS Apps: DW Spectrum® IPVMS
Last Edit: March 2, 2021
The MEGApix® IVA/IVA+™ camera’s Logical rule can be configured to combine various rules and inputs using logical expressions, to reduce false events. A Logical Rule can combine multiple rules into a single condition. Objects are checked against all combined rules before they become an event and trigger an action, also known as a ‘double-knock’ rule.
This article will outline how to create a Logical rule using the camera’s IVA analytic options.
- MEGApix® IVA/IVA+™ Camera Series
Creating a Logical Rule
To create a Logical rule:
- From the camera’s Web Client, click the Setup button to enter the Configuration menu.
- Click on IVA from the Configuration menu, then select Rules.
From the Rules menu, click the Add button and select Logical Rule.
- The Logical Rule Properties will display.
You may configure the following:
- Name – enter a label for the rule
- Select Rule (first) – click this button and select the first rule that will trigger the Logical rule
- After ___ Seconds then – set the maximum time interval (in seconds) between the two rules
- Select Rule (second) – click this button and select the second rule that will trigger as a result from the first rule being triggered
- Add A Clause – click this button to add more rules
- Event Notification (TCP Event) – enable for TCP notifications when event is triggered
- Event Notification (HTTP Event) – enable for HTTP notifications when event is triggered
- Action Rule – you may select an Action Rule to activate when the event is triggered
- Convert IVA to MD – enable to allow camera to pass IVA event through the camera’s event engine using the camera’s ONVIF stream
**NOTE: The order of rules listed in the Logical Rule Property section
- After configuring the Logical Rule Property and Event Actions, click the Save button to apply the settings and create the Logical Rule.