MEGApix IVA+ Analytics - Enabling Tamper Detection
MEGApix® IVA/IVA+™ Analytics – Enabling Tamper Detection
Affected Roles: Administrator, Owner
Related Digital Watchdog VMS Apps: DW Spectrum® IPVMS
Last Edit: February 26, 2021
The MEGApix IVA/IVA+ camera’s Tamper feature can be used to detect camera tampering events such as bagging, defocusing, moving the camera, etc. This is achieved by having the camera detect large, persistent changes within its field of vision.
This article will outline how to enable and configure the Tamper function using the camera’s IVA analytic options.
- MEGApix® IVA/IVA+™ Camera Series
Enabling Tamper Detection
MEGApix IVA Training Video - Enabling Tamper Detection from Digital Watchdog on Vimeo.
To configure the Tamper function:
- From the camera’s Web Client, click the Setup button to enter the Configuration menu.
- Select IVA from the menu, then select the Tamper menu.
The Tamper Detection menu will display. Set the Enable setting to ON to activate the Tamper feature.
- Once the Tamper function has been enabled, you will be able to define the parameters of what will trigger the function.
Configure the following:
- Duration – set the amount of time (in seconds) for how long the feature will take between checking for image changes to trigger the alert
- Area Threshold – set how much of change (in percentage) to the image must be detected by the camera before triggering the alert
- Suppress Alarm on Light – enable this setting to prevent the camera from triggering the alert when lights suddenly turn on or off if the area experiences sudden light changes
- Enable Notification (TCP Event) – enable this setting for TCP notifications when the alert is triggered
- Enable Notification (HTTP Event) – enable this setting for HTTP notifications when the alert is triggered
- After configuring the Tamper Detection settings, click the Apply button to save the settings and apply the feature.