MEGApix IVA+ Analytics - Creating Counting Line Rule
MEGApix® IVA/IVA+™ Analytics – Creating Counting Line Rule
Affected Roles: Administrator, Owner
Related Digital Watchdog VMS Apps: DW Spectrum® IPVMS
Last Edit: February 26, 2021
Counting Line Rule
The MEGApix IVA/IVA+ camera’s Counting Line rule can be configured to trigger an event rule when a tracked object or person crosses a designated line. This rule can also be used with the Counter analytic feature to keep a tally count of objects that have triggered the rule.
This article will outline how to create a Counting Line rule using the camera’s IVA analytic options.
- MEGApix® IVA/IVA+™ Camera Series
Creating a Counting Line Rule
MEGApix IVA Training Video - Creating Counting Line Rule from Digital Watchdog on Vimeo.
To create a Counting Line rule:
- From the camera’s Web Client, click the Setup button to enter the Configuration menu.
- Select IVA from the menu, then select the Rules menu.
From the Rules menu, click the Add button and select Counting Line.
- A detection line will overlay the camera’s video in the preview window.
Position the line so that it masks the area of interest. Click-and-drag the colored nodes to adjust the line’s size and orientation.
To create a more complex shape, click one of the gray nodes to add a new segment to the detection line.
To delete a segment, click the minus sign next to any of the nodes.
- You may configure the following:
- Name – enter a label for the rule
- Direction – select the direction that objects or people must cross the line in order to trigger the rule. You may choose between Direction A, Direction B, or Both directions
- Enable Width Calibration – define the width value of the counting line for counting detected objects as they cross the line to filter out unintended detections
- Enable Shadow Filter – enable if shadows are present to mitigate false positives that are caused by detection inaccuracies
- Event Notification (TCP Event) – enable for TCP notifications when event is triggered
- Event Notification (HTTP Event) – enable for HTTP notifications when event is triggered
- Action Rule – you may select an Action Rule to activate when the event is triggered
- Convert IVA to MD – enable to allow camera to pass IVA event through the camera’s event engine using the camera’s ONVIF stream
- After configuring the detection line, Rule Properties, and Event Actions, click the Save button to apply the settings and create the Counting Line rule.