MEGApix IVA+ Analytics - Creating Removed Rule
MEGApix® IVA/IVA+™ Analytics – Creating Removed Rule
Affected Roles: Administrator, Owner
Related Digital Watchdog VMS Apps: DW Spectrum® IPVMS
Last Edit: February 25, 2021
The MEGApix® IVA/IVA+™ camera’s Removed rule can be configured to trigger an event rule when the area within the detection zone changes for a set lease time, such as when objects are removed from the specified area.
This article will outline how to create a Removed rule using the camera’s IVA analytic options.
- MEGApix® IVA/IVA+™ Camera Series
Creating a Removed Rule
MEGApix IVA Training Video - Creating Removed Rule from Digital Watchdog on Vimeo.
To create a Removed rule:
- From the camera’s Web Client, click the Setup button to enter the Configuration menu.
- Select IVA from the menu, then select the Rules menu.
From the Rules menu, click the Add button and select Removed.
- A detection zone will overlay the camera’s video in the preview window.
Position the zone so that it masks the area of interest. Click-and-drag the colored nodes (corners) to adjust the zone’s size and shape.
To create a more complex shape, click one of the gray nodes to add a new segment to the detection zone.
To delete a segment, click the minus sign next to any of the nodes.
- You may configure the following:
- Name – enter a label for the rule
- Event Notification (TCP Event) – enable for TCP notifications when event is triggered
- Event Notification (HTTP Event) – enable for HTTP notifications when event is triggered
- Triggered By – select to have the event action be triggered by a Rule
- Triggered At – select to have the event trigger at the beginning or at the end of the event
- Action Rule – you may select an Action Rule to activate when the event is triggered
- Convert IVA to MD – enable to allow camera to pass IVA event through the camera’s event engine using the camera’s ONVIF stream
**NOTE: Object Filter is unavailable for this rule type.
- After configuring the detection zone, Rule Properties, and Event Actions, click the Save button to apply the settings and create the Removed rule.