MEGApix IVA+ Analytics - Creating Direction Rule
MEGApix® IVA/IVA+™ Analytics – Creating Direction Rule
Affected Roles: Administrator, Owner
Related Digital Watchdog VMS Apps: DW Spectrum® IPVMS
Last Edit: February 23, 2021
The MEGApix® IVA/IVA+™ camera’s Direction rule can be configured to trigger an event rule when an object or person crosses a detection line while coming from a specific direction within the acceptable parameters. This can be useful when monitoring traffic flow in areas such as one-way streets or corridors.
This article will outline how to create a Direction rule using the camera’s IVA analytic options.
- MEGApix® IVA/IVA+™ Camera Series
Creating a Direction Rule
MEGApix IVA Training Video - Creating Direction Rule from Digital Watchdog on Vimeo.
To create a Direction rule:
- From the camera’s Web Client, click the Setup button to enter the Configuration menu.
- Click on IVA from the Configuration menu, then select Rules.
- From the Rules menu, click the Add button and select Direction.
A line will overlay the camera’s video in the preview window.
Position the line so that it marks the area of interest. Click-and-drag the colored nodes to adjust the line’s size and orientation.
To change the direction angle that tracked objects or people must pass in order to trigger the event, drag-and-click the arrows or enter the desired direction into the Angle box.
To delete a segment, click the minus sign next to any of the nodes.
- You may configure the following:
- Name – enter a label for the rule
- Angle – define the direction that objects must move to trigger the event
- Acceptance – define the allowed variance on the direction of travel that will still trigger an event
- Object Filter – set this option to ON to allow the rule to only trigger based on the classification of an object (e.g. person, vehicle, etc.)
- Classes – to use this option, the Object Filter option must be set to ON. Select which object classification types will trigger the event alarm upon crossing into the detection zone. The selection options can be changed in the IVA > Classification menu
- Event Notification (TCP Event) – enable for TCP notifications when event is triggered
- Event Notification (HTTP Event) – enable for HTTP notifications when event is triggered
- Triggered By – select to have the event action be triggered by an object or by an Action Rule (set up in camera’s Action Rules menu)
- Triggered At – select to have the event action be triggered by an object or by an Action Rule (set up in camera’s Action Rules menu)
- Action Rule – you may select an Action Rule to activate when the event is triggered
- Convert IVA to MD – enable to allow camera to pass IVA event through the camera’s event engine using the camera’s ONVIF stream
- After configuring the detection zone, Rule Properties, and Event Actions, click the Save button to apply the settings and create the Direction rule.