MEGApix IVA+ Analytics - Creating Enter Zone Rule
MEGApix® IVA/IVA+™ Analytics – Creating Enter Zone Rule
Affected Roles: Administrator, Owner
Related Digital Watchdog VMS Apps: DW Spectrum® IPVMS
Last Edit: February 19, 2021
Enter Zone Rule
The MEGApix® IVA/IVA+™ camera’s Enter Zone rule can be configured to trigger an event rule for when an object or person crosses into the detection zone’s border from outside of the zone.
This article will outline how to create an Enter Zone rule using the camera’s IVA analytic options.
**NOTE: This analytic rule type differs from the Intrusion rule as it only triggers when objects enter from outside of the detection zone.
- MEGApix® IVA/IVA+™ Camera Series
Creating an Enter Zone Rule
MEGApix IVA Training Video - Enter Zone Rule from Digital Watchdog on Vimeo.
To create an Enter Zone rule:
- From the camera’s Web Client, click the Setup button to enter the Configuration menu.
- Click on IVA from the Configuration menu, then select Rules.
- From the Rules menu, click the Add button and select Enter.
A detection zone will overlay the camera’s video in the preview window.
Position the zone so that it masks the area of interest. Click-and-drag the colored nodes (corners) to adjust the zone’s size and shape.
To create a more complex shape, click one of the gray nodes to add a new segment to the detection zone.
To delete a segment, click the minus sign next to any of the nodes.
- You may configure the following options:
- Name – enter a label for the rule
- Object Filter – set this option to ON to allow the rule to only trigger based on the classification of an object (e.g. person, vehicle, etc.)
- Classes – to use this option, the Object Filter option must be set to ON. Select which object classification types will trigger the event alarm upon crossing into the detection zone. The selection options can be changed in the IVA > Classification menu
- Event Notification (TCP Event) – enable for TCP notifications when event is triggered
- Event Notification (HTTP Event) – enable for HTTP notifications when event is triggered
- Triggered By – select to have the event action be triggered by an object or by an Action Rule (set up in camera’s Action Rules menu)
- Triggered At – select to have the event action trigger at the beginning or at the end of the event
- Action Rule – you may select an Action Rule to activate when the event is triggered
- Convert IVA to MD – enable to allow camera to pass IVA event through the camera’s event engine using the camera’s ONVIF stream
- After configuring the detection zone, Rule Properties, and Event Actions, click the Save button to apply the settings and create the Enter Zone rule.