MEGApix IVA+ Analytics - Creating Line Crossing Rule
MEGApix® IVA/IVA+™ Analytics – Creating Line Crossing Rule
Affected Roles: Administrator, Owner
Related Digital Watchdog VMS Apps: DW Spectrum® IPVMS
Last Edit: February 19, 2021
Line Crossing Rule
The MEGApix® IVA/IVA+™ camera’s Line Crossing rule can be configured to act as a simple event trigger when a tracked object or person crosses a designated line.
This article will outline how to create a Line Crossing rule using the camera’s IVA analytic options.
- MEGApix® IVA/IVA+™ Camera Series
Creating a Line Crossing Rule
MEGApix IVA Video 6 - Line Crossing Rule from Digital Watchdog on Vimeo.
- Click on the IVA tab in the Configuration menu and select Rules.
- From the Rules menu, click the Add button and select Line Crossing.
A line will overlay the camera’s video in the preview window.
Position the line so that it marks the area of interest. Click-and-drag the colored nodes to adjust the line’s size and orientation.
To create a more complex shape, click one of the gray nodes to add a new segment to the line.
To delete a segment, click the minus sign next to any of the nodes.
- You may configure the following options:
- Name – enter a label for the rule
- Object Filter – set this option to ON to allow the rule to only trigger based on the classification of an object (e.g. person, vehicle, etc.)
- Classes – to use this option, the Object Filter option must be set to ON. Select which object classification types will trigger the event alarm upon crossing the detection line. The selection options can be changed in the IVA > Classification menu
- Event Notification (TCP Event) – enable for TCP notifications when event is triggered
- Event Notification (HTTP Event) – enable for HTTP notifications when event is triggered
- Action Rule – you may select an Action Rule to activate when the event is triggered
- Convert IVA to MD – enable to allow camera to pass IVA event through the camera’s event engine using the camera’s ONVIF stream
- After configuring the detection line, Rule Properties, and Event Actions, click the Save button to apply the settings and create the Line Crossing rule.