Affected Roles: System Users
Related Digital Watchdog VMS Apps: DW Spectrum® IPVMS
Last Edit: June 22, 2021
DW Cloud™ is a Peer-to-Peer (P2P) connection option for communicating between your workstation(s) and your DW Spectrum® Server.
**NOTE: Removing the DW Cloud™ Owner account from DW Spectrum® Server will result in the removal of all DW Cloud™ accounts that are tied to that System.
1) At the server, launch the DW Spectrum® Client and log in as the Local System Owner (Default: admin/admin12345)
2) Open the Main Menu and open the System Administration menu (shortcut: Ctrl+Alt+A) and go to the DW Cloud tab.
3) If you already have DW Cloud™ account, you may skip to the next step.
If you do not have a DW Cloud™ account, use the Create DW Cloud Account button. Your computer’s default browser will open and you will be directed to the DW Cloud™ Web Portal.
Complete the registration form, then click Create Account. An email will be sent to the email address that was entered into the form.
Please check your email account and complete the confirmation.
4) In the DW Spectrum® Client, click Connect System to DW Cloud and input your DW Cloud™ username and password. Once connected, the system will display the account email as the Owner.
Note: The first DW Cloud™ account of a System will be recognized as the System Owner.
5) After connecting the system to your DW Cloud™ account, subsequent users of the Server can also have their DW Cloud™ accounts added to the System.
6) Your Server can now be accessed from your DW Spectrum® Client, DW Spectrum® Mobile application, and the DW Cloud™ Web Portal if logged in with a registered DW Cloud™ account.
To connect with a workstation through the DW Spectrum® Client, click the DW Cloud icon in the top, right-hand corner of the DW Spectrum® Client and enter your DW Cloud™ login information.
Next, use “http://<Server_IP>:7001” in the browser’s address bar.
Enter the User Name and Password of the System Administrator, then click the Log in button.
If you already have a DW Cloud™ account, you may skip to Step 4.
If you do not have a DW Cloud™ account, use the Create DW Cloud Account button.
Complete the form, then click Create Account. An email will be sent to the email address that was entered into the form. Please check your email account and complete the confirmation.
Enter the DW Cloud™ login, then click the Connect System button.
The Web Client will take a moment to confirm the changes, then display a confirmation that the entered DW Cloud™ account has been successfully established for your DW Spectrum® system.